st: joint estimation of two equations using GLM

From   Shehzad Ali <>
To   Stata List <>
Subject   st: joint estimation of two equations using GLM
Date   Fri, 4 Nov 2011 09:31:06 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Listers,

I am working with glm models for two dependent variables that may be correlated. My equations are:

glm y1 $xvars1, family(binomial) link(logit)

glm y2 $xvars1, family(gamma) link(log)

Is there a way that I could jointly estimate the two equations to allow for correlation? I believe -sureg- estimates equations jointly but assumes normality which is not tenable in this case. Hence, I would prefer to use glm but would like to allow for correlation. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you