Re: st: import excel - requiring restart occasionally

From (Kevin Crow, StataCorp LP)
Subject   Re: st: import excel - requiring restart occasionally
Date   Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:15:08 -0500

Billy Schwartz <> wrote :

>Thanks! Just out of curiosity: I noticed that import excel is
>implemented in Mata -- will that source code be made public?

Even though some of -import excel- is written in Mata, the bulk of it is
written in C.  The Mata functions you can see referenced in
import_excel.ado are implemented in internal C code which is not

-Kevin Crow