Re: st: Nested Logit Model

From   "Alvarez,Sergio" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Nested Logit Model
Date   Wed, 02 Nov 2011 14:09:52 -0400

Felipe,

It sounds like you need to create the alternatives. Remember that you need an observation for each choice at the terminal end of the tree. If you give more info on how your data is organized we may be able to help some more.

Here's a helpful link:
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/nlogit.html

Usually the data we have access to records only the actual choice, and it is up to the researcher to create the alternative choices, and to create a binary variable that indicates whether the choice was made or not.

It would also be good to try and run a conditional logit first; you'll know if your data are in the right format before you start going into setting up the nested logit.

Hope it helps,

Sergio