st: RE: r(1000) error when running xi

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: r(1000) error when running xi
Date   Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:08:17 +0000

I'd take this straight to tech support at StataCorp.

Also, I would _at most_ clone Stata commands, never change the code of existing commands even when I was confident that I knew what was going on.

A Loumiotis

I get the following error when I run xi:

system limit exceeded - see manual
r(1000);

I modified a bit xi and measured the length of the local orig and
found out that the error occurs when the macro length of orig exceeds
165198.  I'm surprised because I'm not using Stata/IC where the macro
limit is 165,200 but I'm using Stata/MP where the macro limit is
1,081,511.  Do you know why this is happening?

My version of Stata is the following:

.about
Stata/MP 11.2 for Windows (32-bit)
Born 01 Sep 2011