re: RE: st: For each loop

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   re: RE: st: For each loop
Date   Sun, 30 Oct 2011 10:30:05 -0400

thanks for your help.
sum tobin_q_* works.
However, I also tried
forvalues i=2000/2010 {sum tobin_q_'i'}
and it gave the same error message. Do you know why it might happen ?

Because you didn't heed my prior message.

Furthermore it looks like you are using ' on the LHS of the macro rather than `. Read my recent posting "Code from Stata Journal" about the difference.

                             An Introduction to Stata Programming  |