st: sgini and negative incomes

From   "" <>
Subject   st: sgini and negative incomes
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:18:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I've been attempting to decompose the Gini coefficient of a measure A,
A=B+C+D) using sgini command. Gini coefficient of component B is 1.046. I
two questions related to this: first, how can I interpret this coefficient.
Second: as A has some values that are negative, how does this affect the
interpretation of the Gini coefficient?
Any insight and/or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Antonella Tantari