st: Interaction with Squared Term

From   Ryan Goodstein <>
Subject   st: Interaction with Squared Term
Date   Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:48:29 -0400

I am trying to estimate a multinomial logit specification that
includes a categorical variable interacted with a squared term.

> mlogit dq60 invPS##c.o_ltv##c.o_ltv ageq ageq2

Stata (v11) gives me the following error:

> invalid interaction specification;
> multiple 'o' operators attached to a single variable are not allowed within an
> interaction specification{p_end}

I saw a post on this on Stata List from 2009 which says this bug will
be fixed in an update
(, but I
haven't been able to find an update.  Has this bug been fixed?

-Ryan Goodstein