Re: st: oglm and heterogeneous choice models

Subject   Re: st: oglm and heterogeneous choice models
Date   Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:51:09 -0500

At 12:15 PM 10/25/2011, Rourke O'Brien wrote:
Thanks so much for the follow up!

Yes the DV is dichotomous. Does the Brant test work for dichotomous
variables? I kept getting errors that there had to be multiple levels
(ordinal).

The brant test doesn't make any sense with a dichotomous dv; there is nothing to test when there are only 2 possible values. Basically there is only one line/regression so there are no parallel lines/regressions to look at.

For that matter there is no particular reason to use gologit2 with a dichotomous dv either, unless maybe you want to take advantage of some of the few things it can do that logit can't. If you look at your gologit2 results you should see they are the same as your logit/ologit results; if not let me know.

If I use gologit2 to identify problematic variables can I also use it
to estimate a model that corrects for the hetero (by denoting which
vars meet the pl assumption and which do not)? Or do I need to use
that information and run the model in oglm?

If the dv is a dichotomy, I don't think gologit2 can help you identify problem vars. With a dichotomous dv, any gologit2 messages you get about a var not meeting the parallel lines assumption may be deceptive, since there is really nothing to test.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam