RE: st: mlogtest after mlogit

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: mlogtest after mlogit
Date   Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:20:46 +0100

I don't understand Muhammad's first comment, which requires a change of the data, or indeed why Chiara even tried it out.

In broad terms, Stata [sic] is having difficulties reconciling different information.

That needs to be explored by looking at what you have said to Stata, through input of data and commands. There is little information in your posts to let anyone help you.

First off, you say that there are 9 categories, but in principle there could be 10, according to your -generate- and -replace- statements, but there could be fewer than that depending on values of variables such as -UE- and on whether later -replace- commands overwrite the results of earlier commands.

Second, and more important: What was the -mlogit- command? Did you do anything to your data between -mlogit- and -mlogtest-?

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Muhammad Anees

Your test is offered by -wald- option after -mlogtest-. Hope this
gives you what you needed.