st: merging two kernel density graphs into one

From   Wies Kestens <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: merging two kernel density graphs into one
Date   Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:27:44 +0000

My problem concerns the merge of different graphs in stata.
Each graph is made using the -kdensity- command and then saved.
For example:
kdensity algeria
save graph algeria
kdensity albania
save graph albania

The y-axis of these graphs shows the population density and the x-axis shows the income.
I would like to merge those two graphs into one graph which would then
give the combined population density on the Y-axis and the income on the
For example:
when 50% of the people in Albania en 100% of the people in Algeria would
 earn 100$, the combined graph would state that 75% of the people earn
100$, given they both have the same population.

No command I know of/could find information about is able to do this it seems.

Wies Kestens
Student Economics
Catholic University of Leuven