st: rename with if

From   Tomas Lind <Tomas.Lind@ki.se>
Subject   st: rename with if
Date   Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:55:22 +0000

Hi Statalisters,

I want to rename all my variables (in lots of datasets) except the first variable which is idnr. The problem with the syntax below is that "if is not allowed".

Someone have a solution to this?

/Tomas

levelsof  atc  ,  local(cat)
    foreach  k  of local cat {
           preserve
           use "G:\ATC-dataset_`k'"  ,  clear
                 foreach  var  of varlist  _all {
	      rename  `var'    `k'_`var'        if `var' != "idnr"
		          }
	save "G: \ATC-dataset_`k'" , replace
          restore
	         }