st: Blaise to Stata

From   Matthew White <mwhite@poverty-action.org>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Blaise to Stata
Date   Fri, 21 Oct 2011 10:34:02 -0400

Hello,

I'm using the CAI (computer-assisted interviewing) program Blaise, and
I'm trying to import Blaise databases into Stata. (I'm using Stata
11.2 SE.) Has anyone done this before? Blaise can export to ASCII, but
even variable names are lost. Blaise can also export to XML, but the
resulting .xml file isn't readable using -xmluse- in Stata 11.2, and
when I convert it to an Excel XML spreadsheet, variable and value
labels are lost. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Best,
Matt