Re: st: RD and binary outcomes

From   D-Ta <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RD and binary outcomes
Date   Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:45:20 +0200

I am totally on your side. I just used the flexible parametric model as a comparison. And, as mentioned, the standard errors of the -rd- estimator are oftentimes even smaller when the outcome is continous. Also, the point estimates are largely in line. What I do not understand, however, is why -rd- point estimates differ considerable from the parametric counterparts and standard errors are so much larger when the outcome is binary.

This is not about publications (at least not at this stage), I just want to understand the properties of the -rd- procedure when the outcome of interest is binary. Is -rd- adequate in such (binary) settings or shouldnt one rather use a local logit version of -rd- ?

Darjusch