st: spmat object not found

From   "Smit, M.J." <martijn.smit@vu.nl>
Subject   st: spmat object not found
Date   Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:39:40 +0000

When I try to export an spmat object through a dofile, I always run into the same error; Stata claims it cannot find the object. If I try to recreate the object, it says... it already exists. What is happening?

. spmat contiguity nuts2q using nuts2coord, id(_ID)
warning: spatial-weighting matrix contains 2 islands

. spmat save nuts2q using nuts2q.spmat, replace

. * Save as .dta, for use by spatreg.
. spmat export nuts2q using nuts2q.txt
spmat object nuts2q not found
r(498);

end of do-file
r(498);

. spmat contiguity nuts2q using nuts2coord, id(_ID)
object with name nuts2q already exists
r(498);

. spmat export nuts2q using nuts2q.txt
spmat object nuts2q not found