st: Repeated observations for time variable tsset

From   Abhishek Bharad <abhara2@tigers.lsu.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Repeated observations for time variable tsset
Date   Sat, 15 Oct 2011 00:17:53 -0500

Hi,

In my data set i have a several number of observations for each week.
Week is a variable in the data set.  Each observation has a different id.
I was not able to run "tsset  week "command in stata, I got the error
"repeated time values in sample".

The data set looks like this,

week response
 1   3
 1   4
 1   2
 1   5
 2   1
 2   2
 2   6
 2   4

how can I get around this and use week as time variable?
thanks,

Abhi