st: Re: Mean2 question

From   Kate Vyborny <kvyborny@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Re: Mean2 question
Date   Mon, 26 Sep 2011 22:49:20 -0400

Thank you very much for this suggestion, Dr. Williams.

I have run update all, update swap and the install / replace options
for all three of the components (mean2, sxpose, outreg2) without
success.  I still receive the same error message.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!

Thank you!

Kate

From  Richard Williams <richardwilliams.ndu@gmail.com>To
statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.eduSubject
Re: st: Mean2 questionDate  Wed, 14 Sep 2011 19:13:22 -0400

First, note that the help file for -mean2- (available from SSC) says
"You will also need to install the latest versions of outreg2 and
sxpose from ssc." So, make sure that both machines have both programs,
and also that your Stata is fully updated.

Second, messages like this often seem to come about when there is some
kind of installation problem or you don't have the most current
version of programs. So, if problems persist, you might try

ssc install mean2, replace
ssc install sxpose, replace
ssc install outreg2, replace
update all

Incidentally, your example worked fine for me, once I realized that I
needed sxpose too.
--
Kate Vyborny
Candidate, D.Phil. Economics