Re: st: Re: string functions quotation marks

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: string functions quotation marks
Date   Sat, 24 Sep 2011 16:50:33 +0100

You don't need to use -char(34)- as compound double quotes can also be used:

subinstr(countryname, `"""', "", .)

The second argument is

`"   left-single-quote double-quote to be considered a composite
character and a delimiter

"   double-quote to be considered as a literal character

"'   double quote right-single-quote to be considered a composite
character and a delimiter