Re: st: reading dataset if (Away)

From   "Seyi Soremekun" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: reading dataset if (Away)
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:48:16 +0100

I am away from the 21st September until the 12th October. Please direct any urgent enquiries to Linda Vesel (

>>> Emmanuelle Lavaine <> 09/21/11 22:46 >>>

Dear Statalisters,

I have a huge dataset and I would like to get rid of some observations
when opening it.
I want to open my dataset only if the first character corresponds to
'I' or 'J'
for the string variable 'diagp', I have something like:

I tried:
    use 'dataset.dta' if diagp=="[I-J]*"

But I am doing something wrong and I can't figurate it out.
Thanks for your help

Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.