Re: st: Using variable label

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Using variable label
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2011 07:20:36 +0100

show variable labels, then you can't show variable labels with that command; it is usually the case that there is no such option with statistical commands, because typically there wouldn't be enough space to show variable labels; and if there is such an option, then it will be documented. The only alternative is that you learn how to program in Stata and write your own alternative commands.

In general, an option -nolabel- will make no difference if it is the default or there are no labels defined, and you need to pay attention to whether value labels or variable labels are meant.

Nick