st: alternatives to AIC and BIC when using svy command

From   "Orestes (Pat) Hastings" <ophastings@berkeley.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: alternatives to AIC and BIC when using svy command
Date   Sun, 18 Sep 2011 21:54:45 -0700

Hi all,
I would like to compare three non-nested models using svy:ologit to see which model is the best. I know that when using svy there is no log-likelihood, and thus no AIC or BIC. However, I'm not aware of any good alternatives. The Wald test is not possible in this case since the models I want to compare are not nested in each other. At present I'm considering comparing the models without using svy, and then showing that the models using svy yield similar results. Any more rigorous suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Pat