RE: st: alternatives to AIC and BIC when using svy command

From   Cameron McIntosh <cnm100@hotmail.com>
To   STATA LIST <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: alternatives to AIC and BIC when using svy command
Date   Mon, 19 Sep 2011 01:25:15 -0400

Hi Pat,
I would try specifying my ordered logit model as a mixture:
Breen, R., & Luijkx, R. (2010). Mixture Models for Ordinal Data. Sociological Methods & Research, 39(1), 3-24.
and then use the approach to non-nested model comparison developed in:
Imai, K. & Tingley, D. (2011). A statistical method for empirical testing of competing theories. Forthcoming in the American Journal of Political Science.http://imai.princeton.edu/research/files/mixture.pdf
As for the survey aspect, -glamm- should be able to help in getting the right standard errors for feeding the comparison methods, using a Taylor linearization... I'm pretty sure it can easily estimate a mixture of ordinal regression models.
For what it's worth,
Cam