st: Creating an index series with single base years

From   Muhammad Anees <>
Subject   st: Creating an index series with single base years
Date   Sat, 10 Sep 2011 11:08:52 +0500

I am currently using Stata 10.1.

I have been stuck by calculating an index series from a series with
three different base years, like 1960-1980 with base year 1960, 1981
to 2000 with base year 1980, and then from 2001 onwards base year
2000. I intend to have one time series with one base year for example
the 2000 year. I hope one could help me develop a straight forward
code to convert the time series with different base years to a series
with one base year. How can one do that using Stata.

Hope to have some help and guidance.

Muhammad Anees