Re: st: Comparing coefficients from two ivregress models

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Comparing coefficients from two ivregress models
Date   Thu, 8 Sep 2011 10:12:31 +0200

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 9:56 AM, YUNHEE CHANG wrote:
> I am estimating two differently-specified IV regressions and trying to compare coefficients between the two models. I tried:
> ivregress 2sls y x1 x2 (x1=z)
> est store reg1
> ivregress 2sls y x1 x2 x3 (x1=z)
> est store reg2
> test [reg1]_b[x1]=[reg2]_b[x1]
> Then I get "equation [reg1] not found" error. What am I doing wrong?

That might have worked after you combined both models with -suest-,
but -ivregress- cannot be used together with -suest-. So what you want
cannot be done.

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen