st: Comparing coefficients from two ivregress models

From   YUNHEE CHANG <chang@olemiss.edu>
Subject   st: Comparing coefficients from two ivregress models
Date   Thu, 8 Sep 2011 07:56:04 +0000

Dear Statalist:

I am estimating two differently-specified IV regressions and trying to compare coefficients between the two models. I tried:

ivregress 2sls y x1 x2 (x1=z)
est store reg1

ivregress 2sls y x1 x2 x3 (x1=z)
est store reg2

test [reg1]_b[x1]=[reg2]_b[x1]

Then I get "equation [reg1] not found" error. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.