Re: st: SPSS to STATA

From   Ronan Conroy <rconroy@rcsi.ie>
Subject   Re: st: SPSS to STATA
Date   Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:33:16 +0100

On 2011 MFómh 7, at 12:45, Muhammad Anees wrote:

> SPSS provides directly converting data in the format which can be
> directly openned into STATA.

Health warning. One of our researchers came to grief with a Stata dataset generated by SPSS.

The problem was that a string variable was incorrectly identified as numeric.

When we used StatTransfer to convert the datafile, everything was fine, but the researcher had lost a couple of days trying to fix the problem.

StatTransfer won't break the budget, and it's invaluable.

Ronán Conroy
rconroy@rcsi.ie
Associate Professor
Division of Population Health Sciences