Re: st: SPSS to STATA

From   Ronan Conroy <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: SPSS to STATA
Date   Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:33:16 +0100

On 2011 MFómh 7, at 12:45, Muhammad Anees wrote:

> SPSS provides directly converting data in the format which can be
> directly openned into STATA.

Health warning. One of our researchers came to grief with a Stata dataset generated by SPSS.

The problem was that a string variable was incorrectly identified as numeric.

When we used StatTransfer to convert the datafile, everything was fine, but the researcher had lost a couple of days trying to fix the problem.

StatTransfer won't break the budget, and it's invaluable.

Ronán Conroy
Associate Professor
Division of Population Health Sciences
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland