st: Run R through state - rsource

From   Daniel Marcelino <dmsilv@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Run R through state - rsource
Date   Tue, 6 Sep 2011 23:26:09 -0400

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how 'rsource' - a user written package could
works on Mac. Basically, this package send R commands through Stata
prompt. To do so, it needs to find and execute R on background.
The command works fine on Windows, under Mac environment, however, I'm
not able to get it working.
 I've asked the Roger Newson who wrote this package, but unfortunately
he doesn't have a clue on this. I'm wondering if someone else has seen
it before.
The following line tells Stata to find the R application and run it,
however, I've had no answer in my screen.

global Rterm_path "/Applications/R64.app/Contents/MacOS/R"
global Rterm_options `"--vanilla"'
rsource using mytest.R

Daniel

--