Re: st: cmogram command for Regression Discontinuity Design

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: cmogram command for Regression Discontinuity Design
Date   Mon, 5 Sep 2011 17:32:17 +0200

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Borgomeo, Letizia wrote:
> I am using the cmogram command for plotting the means-per-bin of an outcome variable against the assignment variable in a RDD. I am wondering if there is any way of setting the bins in order to have all the treated observations to the right and the untreated to the left of the cutoff. The forcing variable range is [-37;61] and I need the last bin in the LHS not to include the observations with a 0 value of the assignment variable, since they are exposed to treatment. Yet  both with histopts(width()) and histopts(bin()) I do not manage to do it.

-cmogram- is an user written program, so per the Statalist FAQ, you
must say where you got it from. These are not rules to "trick" you,
but to help you ask answerable questions. The background behind this
rule is that there are typically multiple version of user written
programs floating around in cyberspace, so if you do not tell us which
exact version you are using, we are likely talking about different
programs, and the resulting advise may very well be useless to you.
You can find a link to the Statalist FAQ at the bottom of each post to
Statalist (including this one).

I will assume you are talking about -cmogram- which can be downloaded
from SSC. If there is a one to one match between the cutpoint and
whether or not someone is treated, than it seems to me that the option
-cutpoint()- does what you want.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie