Re: st: fit chi distribution to continuos variable

Subject   Re: st: fit chi distribution to continuos variable
Date   Thu, 1 Sep 2011 13:10:17 -0400

Andreas Fagereng <[email protected]>:
If you really think it's a chi or chi-square distribution, simply
compute the mean which uniquely determines the distribution.
More generally, once you choose the family of distributions, the
parameters are easily estimated via ML.