st: adding new fonts to stata

From   Klaus Pforr <kpforr@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: adding new fonts to stata
Date   Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:49:24 +0200

<>

dear listers,

I want to create graphs and use in a document created with latex. One
of the problem that I ran into was, that it is not straight forward,
to produce compatible fonts in the graphs created by stata and the
fonts that are relatively easy to use with latex. One obvious choice
seems to be to create graphs with "Times New Roman" and to use "Latin
Modern" font in Tex (which is recommended in almost all
documentations). This discrepancy is not satisfying to me, so I would
like to either change the font in Stata to "Latin Modern" or change
the font in Tex to "Times New Roman". The latter seems to be possible
relatively easily (yet another "nice" package), but expect to buy with
this consecutive problems. I don't know if the former is possible.

So to come to the point of my post: Is it possible to add other fonts
to the font set, that I can choose from in the graph preferences
(manually or by "graph set" or with the eps option)? Maybe this is
interesting to other users, as my request is a little of a niche
problem.

best wishes

Klaus

--