Re: st: adding new fonts to stata

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: adding new fonts to stata
Date   Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:14:02 +0100

On 1 September 2011 09:49, Klaus Pforr <> wrote:
> So to come to the point of my post: Is it possible to add other fonts
> to the font set, that I can choose from in the graph preferences
> (manually or by "graph set" or with the eps option)? Maybe this is
> interesting to other users, as my request is a little of a niche
> problem.

Depending on your OS (which you don't tell us) you could see the
following help pages...

man unixfonts
man macfonts
man winfonts

These indicate that graphs under *NIX allow any font, Windows they
must be TrueType and there is no "Graph" section under the -man
macfonts- help page.

Generally you can set the font for your graphs under Preferences ->
Graph Preferences, I guess what is listed there depends on what fonts
you have installed on your system (assuming they are somewhere that
Stata will automagically find them).

"To consult the statistician after an experiment is finished is often
merely to ask him to conduct a post mortem examination. He can perhaps
say what the experiment died of." ~ R.A. Fisher, Presidential Address
to the First Indian Statistical Congress, 1938

Neil Shephard
Clinical Trials Research Unit /
NIHR Research Design Service for Yorkshire & the Humber
University of Sheffield