st: smcl compatibility

From   Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez <>
To   <>
Subject   st: smcl compatibility
Date   Wed, 31 Aug 2011 18:36:43 -0400

Dear Statalist.

I am planning on uploading a command to SSC. While writing the help
file and working in Stata 12 , I noticed some recently added features
to the smcl format such as -{viewer alsosee}- that allows one to
create links to help files for other commands. I want to add these
features to my helpfile, however, if I do so, the help file will not
display properly in previous versions of Stata.

My command runs on any version Stata 9.2 and posterior versions, so I
want it to display properly in all the versions while still using the
new features of smcl. Is there a way to do this? Like a syntax to tell
smcl to read a line only if the help file is being displayed in Stata

Thank you
Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez