Re: st: Relative Comparision between Observations

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Relative Comparision between Observations
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:20:58 +0100

For -transaction[2]- (e.g.) you can generate

. gen within_2 = inrange(transaction[2], start, end) & isspread

Is the number of transactions small enough to allow a variable for
every one of them?

If so, this is crude but should work

forval i = 1/`=_N' {
     if isspread[`i'] == 0 gen within_`i' = inrange(transaction[`i'],
start, end) & isspread
}

A visceral reaction is that getting the wrong data structure is
horribly easy here, but people who work with this kind of data may be
able to advise constructively.

Nick