st: Test Results in Table

From   Toby <>
Subject   st: Test Results in Table
Date   Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:48:20 +0200

Dear List-Readers,

I have a problem, that I am pretty sure of that most of you have a
handy solution for.

I want to program a Do-File which performs multiple statistical test
with different subsets of my dataset. Since there is a multitude of
subsets I programmed  a for-loop to perform these test pretty quick.

So far, so good. No comes the "though" part. I want to save different
values of this statistical tests (p-Values etc.) in a table that is
somehow exportable  into another program (for example txt or xls).
What I can do and have done is save these values in new generated
variables, but this is definitefly not helping to export, or do I have
a fundamentally wrong approach here? I tried a bit with tabout and
estout, but figured out that they are only helpful for estimation
methods and  summary statistics.

I heard of the matrix program, but I am not quite sure how to apply it
to my problem.

What do you recommend?

Kind Regards,