Re: st: Graph editor: Change order of subgraphs in bygraph ?

From   Scott Merryman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Graph editor: Change order of subgraphs in bygraph ?
Date   Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:58:01 -0500

I remember reading in Kit Baum's "An Introduction to Stata
Programming" that *.gph files were actually programs to reproduce the
graph.

Looking back at section "10.5 Extracting data from graph files'
sersets" shows that there is an easier way:

//create original graph
sysuse sp500,clear
xtile g= date, n(4)
twoway bar change date , by(g,  rescale  ) xlabel(, labsize(*.7))
graph save Graph "C:\Documents and
Settings\scott.merryman\Desktop\Graph.gph",replace

//extract data from graph
cd  "C:\Documents and Settings\scott.merryman\Desktop\"
clear*
serset clear
graph use  "Graph.gph"
serset dir
serset
forv i = 0/`=r(id)' {
	serset set `i'
	serset use
	gen group = `=`i'+1'
	save temp`i'.dta,replace
	local files "`files' temp`i'.dta "
}
clear
append using  `files'
clonevar gr2 = group
replace gr2 = 4 if group == 1
replace gr2 = 1 if group==4
label define group 1 "4" 2 "2" 3 "3" 4 "1"
label value gr2 group
twoway bar change date , by(gr2,  rescale  ) ///
  xlabel(, labsize(*.7)) name(graph_new,replace)

Hope this helps,
Scott