st: R. notation

From   "Bontempo, Daniel E" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: R. notation
Date   Thu, 11 Aug 2011 20:38:09 +0000

I get slightly different results in xtmelogit with "|| Subj:" versus "|| _all R.Subj", and the differences increase if there is a 2nd crossed random effect.

Do these two notations specify the same model? ... but the differences stem from Laplacian approximation?

Also, I find the i. and c. notation documented under "fvvarlist", but where can I find documentation discussing R. notation?