Re: Re: Re: st: pick maximum,minimum, mode and median among scalars

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: Re: st: pick maximum,minimum, mode and median among scalars
Date   Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:41:49 +0100

My main point about the median is not as you summarise here. But in
your particular application, because 81 is odd, the median will be
identifiable as the 41st value when sorted, and a few lines of code
will tell you which value that is.

Nick