Re: st: global macro syntax for recoding missing values

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: global macro syntax for recoding missing values
Date   Tue, 9 Aug 2011 07:33:12 +0100

See for
what a macro is and is not in Stata.

This question seems the wrong way round to me. Numeric missing is . in
Stata. Use -mvdecode- to convert from other codes used externally.
-mvdecode- accepts multiple codes, or you can apply it repeatedly, so
there should be no need for you to write anything yourself.