Re: st: comparing datasets

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: comparing datasets
Date   Mon, 8 Aug 2011 17:40:57 +0100

The phrasing "got hold of" implies, to me at least, that you installed
-dta_equal- from somewhere. However, -dta_equal- is an official
command, but one that is undocumented.

What is evident from some experiment that its behaviour, flagged in
the help, that it "aborts with error r(9) if they [meaning datasets]
differ", prevents it returning useful results in r() in that
situation. I agree with your surprise at this.