st: comparing datasets

From   Abhimanyu Arora <>
Subject   st: comparing datasets
Date   Mon, 8 Aug 2011 16:27:24 +0200

Dear statalist
Hope all's well
I have two datasets, one of which has all the variables of the second,
plus additional variables. I would like to get a list of all these
additional variables. There's this obscure command -dta_equal- that I
have got hold of, but contrary to what's in the help file, it doesn't
display the unique variables belonging to a particular dataset, rather
seems to be working merely like the -cf-. Any alternative/improvement?
Many thanks and best regards
Abhimanyu Arora