st: ado-mode/ unexpected behavior

From   Michael Crain <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: ado-mode/ unexpected behavior
Date   Sun, 7 Aug 2011 13:59:05 -0400

I recently installed Bill Rising's ado-mode in my emacs and am having
some strange behavior. I'm wondering of anyone else has had this

I highlight a region of my code in my do file using emacs and send it
to Stata's command window by M-RET. For some reason, several characters
are apparently sent with a shift command that changes the intended
character to an undesired character. This seems to be random and not
bound to particular key; when I resend the same region to Stata,
different characters have this unexpected effect. For instance, I observed:

  INTENDED          SENT
     *               8
     >               .

Has anyone else had this experience?