Re: st: Re: Finding and graphing intersection of lines

From   Charles Vinis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Finding and graphing intersection of lines
Date   Wed, 3 Aug 2011 00:21:51 -0400

Thanks for the reply. I basically made a stata loop that gives
different market shares for firms (or average market shares by
country) based on a percentage point change in marginal cost for one
(or a group) of firms, then I reshape the set and use the data points
to make a line plot of the market share against the percent change in
marginal cost. Here's an example of the type of graph I'm doing: (I'm
using # delimit ; to end lines)

graph twoway line sim_comp_share pct_decrease_mc_fslr if(company ==
"first_solar" & year == 2010), color(brown)
|| line avg_ctry_comp_share  pct_decrease_mc_fslr if(ctry_code_hq ==
"usa" & year == 2010), color(green)
|| line avg_ctry_comp_share pct_decrease_mc_fslr if(ctry_code_hq ==
"china" & year == 2010), color(red)
|| line avg_ctry_comp_share pct_decrease_mc_fslr if(ctry_code_hq ==
"germany" & year == 2010), color(blue)
|| line avg_ctry_comp_share pct_decrease_mc_fslr if(ctry_code_hq ==
"taiwan" & year == 2010), color(purple)
ytitle(Market Share)
xtitle(Percent Decrease in First Solar MC)
legend(label(1 First Solar) label(2 USA) label(3 China) label(4
Germany) label(5 Taiwan));

Basically I would like for STATA to tell me exactly at which point
(what % decrease in MC and what market share) First Solar's market
share is equal to the average market share of a German or a Chinese
firm, and I would like to get stata to label that point on the graph.
Any ideas?