RE: st: Stacked histogram - empty bins

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stacked histogram - empty bins
Date   Fri, 29 Jul 2011 18:00:07 +0100

Oh, I do agree that -bihist- is better than what I did. I was just answering David on how to get what he wants.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Austin Nichols
Sent: 29 July 2011 17:57
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Stacked histogram - empty bins

Nick--
IMHO, your simple example illustrates why -bihist- may be better when
the skyscrapers overlap considerably:

cap ssc inst bihist, replace
sysuse auto, clear
twoway__histogram_gen mpg if foreign, gen(f_foreign f_mpg) start(10) width(2)
twoway__histogram_gen mpg if !foreign, gen(f_domestic g_mpg) start(10) width(2)
line f_foreign f_mpg, c(J) || line f_domestic g_mpg, c(J) name(Manhattan)
bihist mpg, by(foreign) disc name(Underground)