st: xtmixed: likelihood evaluates to missing

From   David Chan <david.c.chan@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: xtmixed: likelihood evaluates to missing
Date   Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:52:18 -0400

Hi,

I am having a problem with an error message "likelihood evaluates to
missing" when I try using xtmixed for a crossed random effects model.
The problem seems very similar to something I found in the Stata
Listserver between Bobby Gutierrez and Jacob Wegelin
<jacob.wegelin@gmail.com>. However, I've tried switching around the
order of my two random effects, and I'm still having the problem.
There are about 400 dummies for one of my random effects and about 400
dummies for the other.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave