st: mi with imputed data sets only?

From   Steven Samuels <>
Subject   st: mi with imputed data sets only?
Date   Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:11:56 -0400

The US National Health and Examination Survey (NHANES) distributes multiply imputed data that consist of five imputation data sets.  These are The 1999-2004 Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DXA) Multiple Imputation Data Files ( I cannot use Stata's -mi import- commands, because theserequire the original (m = 0) data.

I'm going to try to recreate the m = 0 data  from the supplied imputation indicators.  But before I do, I'd like to know:  Is it possible to use -mi estimate- with only the imputed data sets?  If so, how?