Re: st: Two factor anova post test

From   Ángel Rodríguez Laso <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Two factor anova post test
Date   Mon, 18 Jul 2011 23:05:48 +0200

Dear Ricardo;

If you were having many factors and many interactions, you should be
worried about and incresed alpha error level for the F-test, but with
2 factors I doubt this is a problem. Moreover, your p level for the
significance of sex is far away from the conventional 0.05, while the
interaction sex*race is non-significant. Therefore you can conclude
that there is a significant difference only between sexes. Because
there are only two levels, there is no need to carry out any posthoc
test like Scheffe, because you already know which means are different,
those of men and women.

Best regards,

Angel Rodriguez-Laso