st: Two factor anova post test

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <ovaldia@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Two factor anova post test
Date   Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:03:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I performed a two factor ANOVA; one factor (sex) has 2 levels and the other factor (race) has 3 levels. The interaction term is not significant but one of the factors, race, is (p=0.0004). How can I determine which means are different while maintaining the experiment wise type I error rate.

If I had only one factor, I could use -oneway- and then use, for example, scheffe for multiple comparisons. But not sure what to do with two factors.

Thank you in advance,
Ricardo

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Statistician