Re: st: sd() does not work with forvalues

From   Richard Goldstein <>
Subject   Re: st: sd() does not work with forvalues
Date   Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:31:02 -0400

my guess is that the error message refers to the line that starts "gen
nosddff`i'" rather than to the egen line -- and that line shouldn't work
outside the loop either; however, you have already calculated this value
and saved it in a variable so why not use that variable at that point?
i.e., change the line to

gen nosddff`i'=diffmedi`i'/sddf`i'