st: probit - interaction mfx when dummy has >2

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: probit - interaction mfx when dummy has >2
Date   Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:48:57 +0100

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 19:22:02 -0400
> From: Tanuku AP <[email protected]>
> Subject: st: probit - interaction mfx when dummy has >2
> categories
>
> Hello,
>
> Is there a ready way to deal with interactions (in probit models)
> when dummy variable has more than 2 categories?
>
> a) find out the correct marginal effects
> b) test if interactions are jointly significant
>
> I have quickly read through --inteff-- [Ai and Norton] but it
> seems that --inteff-- deals with binary qualitative variables
> only.
>
> - --------------------------------------------------------------
>
> For my problem, we have binary variable 'disabled' and five
> income brackets:  income1 - income5.   We want to test for joint
> significance and find out the interaction marginal effects (if
> any).  We cannot collapse the income brackets into 2 categories.
>
> > gen income1d = income1 * disabled   //interaction term
> > logit choice disabled income1 income2 income3 income4  income1d
> income2d income3d income4d
>
> test income1d income2d income3d income4d

-help margins- and -help margins postestimation-

Stephen
Professor Stephen P. Jenkins  <[email protected]>
Department of Social Policy and STICERD
Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, U.K.
Tel. +44 (0)20 7955 6527
Survival Analysis using Stata: