st: confa

From   Aggie Chidlow <mojamalarybka@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: confa
Date   Thu, 7 Jul 2011 14:15:39 +0100

Dear Stata users,

I hope somebody can advice me..as I am quite new to "confa".
I would like to use confa with my survey data.

I have to say I am familiar with the Stanislav Kolenikow's work :
Confirmatory Factor Analysis using Confa (2009) Stata Journal, 9(3),
329 - 373. I use is as a guide.

Today I have read that "ml" should not be used with categorical data.
Instead it is recommended that "wls" (i.e. weighted least squares)
should be used as proposed by Browne(1984b).

Is that true?
Many thanks in advance, Aggie