Re: st: confa

Subject   Re: st: confa
Date   Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:24:23 +0200

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Aggie Chidlow wrote:
> Today I have read that "ml" should not be used with categorical data.
> Instead it is recommended that "wls" (i.e. weighted least squares)
> should be used as proposed by Browne(1984b).

Quoting the Statalist FAQ
(<http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#others>):

"Precise literature references please! Please do not assume that the
literature familiar to you is familiar to all members of Statalist. Do
not refer to publications with just minimal details (e.g., author and
date). Questions of the form “Has anyone implemented the
heteroscedasticity under a full moon test of Sue, Grabbit, and Runne
(1989)?” admittedly divide the world. Anyone who has not heard of the
said test would not be helped by the full reference to answer the
question, but they might well appreciate the full reference."

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen